What To Consider When Selecting a Commercial Cleaning Service.
The best office/commercial cleaning companies will take care of all of your building’s cleaning needs. Some will perform basic cleaning tasks such as sanitizing the restroom and vacuuming the floors, and you can add additional services such as carpet cleaning, window washing, buffing the floor and more.
Be sure to look for a janitorial service that has experience cleaning your type of building. Some services will clean offices, churches, schools, banks, hospitals and even stadiums and event centers, while others will clean only offices or schools. All commercial cleaners specialise in different areas, so be clear of what you require from the outset. You need to carefully look into the industries the company will service before you invest too much time looking into the company.
If you require full janitorial services, they must be flexible and cater to the needs of your business. If you have long or unusual business hours, you need a service that is willing to work around your schedule. Additionally, many services provide green cleaning options such as recycling programs, so you can enjoy not just a clean office, but an environmentally safe office as well.
The best commercial cleaning companies require all of their workers to dress in a uniform so you know who they are and why they are walking around your office. This also allows you to easily see if they are in restricted areas or going through items without permission.
What is better, independent or franchised is one question that we get regularly asked. This is tricky! however our advice would be to just be aware that most franchises are told what products to use, whereas an independent will source the best in the market at that time. Independent companies are flexible in that if you require something that is not on the “franchise service menu” chances are they will do their best to deliver whereas a franchise is bound to strict processes and services in order to stay within the brands concept.
Top 4 questions to ask yourself first before calling any commercial cleaning companies to quote:
- What type of cleaning do I require? vacuuming, desk dusting, window cleaning or full sanitisation services etc.
- How often do I require the service? weekly, monthly, bi-annually.
- What hours and when can the cleaners enter the building? Is it a key job or during specific opening hours.
- What is my budget?
Once you have the above answers, you are ready to search for local cleaning contractors to arrange a visit and quotation. Here’s a few questions to ask contractors before you make any decisions:
- Are they a legitimate company, i.e can you find their business listing online, have a local address that can be checked etc.
- Do they have liability insurance should something go wrong?
- Ask for customer reviews or check online for them. Yell, Google are all good places to start if they do not have any on their websites. Check Facebook too, even ask local businesses around you as this is always a great source!
Once you have decided who you feel is best for your contract, always obtain the quotation in writing, that way both you and the contractor have clear understanding as to what is expected. Most of all, make sure you feel you can be honest and comfortable with the company, should you need to raise any issues.